- Status completed
- Year 2016
- Category Government to Citizen
According to Registru estimations, “Residence change” is a complex service creating supplementary friction costs (time, money, documents collected, etc.) to citizens, as well as being burdensome for public servants.
Application of human-centred design to map out service’s issues together with users:
- Burdensome process: all homeowners must participate in registration of a new resident. In the absence of at least one homeowner, it is impossible to perform any residence modifications. Considering the extent of emigration/migration phenomena in Moldova, is becoming a legitimate issue for the citizens.
- Lack of information on the service: research showed that around 20% of citizens are not informed about the documents needed for residence change or, if informed, the average time spent in the queue exceeded two hours.
Innovations for change outcomes:
- Online verification of home residence,
- Process simplification and reduction of bureaucratic steps, including back-office procedures, within the service providing entity “Registru”.
- Development of an online service for home residence change